Overall Conference Objectives
- Describe the central role of dissociation in complex trauma related disorders
- Assess and treat children, adolescents, and/or adults with complex PTSD, developmental trauma, and dissociative disorders
- Describe the relationships among trauma, dissociation, and other psychological signs, symptoms, and disorders
- Identify some of the most recent research in the trauma and dissociation field
- Employ new treatment approaches and interventions for complex trauma and dissociation
- Recognize, avoid, or resolve therapeutic pitfalls and impasses
- Identify and effectively work with countertransference, vicarious traumatization, and needs related to therapist self-care
- Identify cultural, social, and religious effects on trauma, dissociation, and trauma-informed treatments
- Recognize the ethical and relational challenges posed by trauma and dissociation patients and discuss productive approaches to these issues
Learn where thought leaders in treatment, research and training are headed.
Are you new to the field, or just curious? Learn face-to-face from the experts and meet new friends.
Have you been at this for a while? Come to meet old and new friends, brush up, and improve your skills.
Are you an expert? Donít be selfish! Come and share your knowledge! While you are at it, become a better expert.
Clinician? Learn new clinical skills and what research is bringing you.
Researcher? Learn what your colleagues are working on, how the clinicians are applying the new knowledge, and where the clinicians desperately need new knowledge.
Students and Early Career Professionals: We know that the future belongs to you. Come to a conference where you can interact with leaders who welcome you and respect your contributions to our future.
Thank you to our 30th Anniversary Conference Supporters!
Professional Books Bookstore
Taylor & Francis
The New Orleans Institute at River Oaks Hospital
The Psychiatric Institute of Washington
The Ross Institute
Timberlawn Mental Health System
Treatment of Patients with Dissociative Disorders (TOP DD) Study
Future Annual Conference Dates
October 23 & 24 - Pre Conferences
October 25-27 Full Conference
Westin Long Beach
333 East Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, California 90802
April 16 & 17 - Pre Conferences
April 18-20 - Full Conference
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830