Overall Conference Objectives
- Describe the central role of dissociation in complex trauma related disorders
- Assess and treat children, adolescents, and/or adults with complex PTSD, developmental trauma, and dissociative disorders
- Describe the relationships among trauma, dissociation, and other psychological signs, symptoms, and disorders
- Identify some of the most recent research in the trauma and dissociation field
- Employ new treatment approaches and interventions for complex trauma and dissociation
- Recognize, avoid, or resolve therapeutic pitfalls and impasses
- Identify and effectively work with countertransference, vicarious traumatization, and needs related to therapist self-care
- Identify cultural, social, and religious effects on trauma, dissociation, and trauma-informed treatments
- Recognize the ethical and relational challenges posed by trauma and dissociation patients and discuss productive approaches to these issues
Call for Proposals
1 July - 22 September 2014
Submission Site Open
1 November 2014
To submit begin here
2015 Fee Schedule
1 November 2014
1 Nov 2014 - 28 Feb 2015
Early Bird Pricing Available
1 Mar - 20 April 2015
Regular Pricing Available
Advanced Registration Open
Through 15 March 2015
Thereafter, On-Site Registration
Available 15-20 April 2015
Past & Future Conferences2014 Program Content Details
2014 Conference Recordings will be posted in November
Prior Conference Recordings
Plans for 2016 are underway!
Please check back for updates.
Why come to the ISSTD Conference?
Learn where thought leaders in treatment, research and training are headed.
Are you new to the field, or just curious? Learn face-to-face from the experts and meet new friends.
Have you been at this for a while? Come to meet old and new friends, brush up, and improve your skills.
Are you an expert? Don't be selfish! Come and share your knowledge! While you are at it, become a better expert.
Clinician? Learn new clinical skills and what research is bringing you.
Researcher? Learn what your colleagues are working on, how the clinicians are applying the new knowledge, and where the clinicians desperately need new knowledge.
Students and Early Career Professionals: We know that the future belongs to you. Come to a conference where you can interact with leaders who welcome you and respect your contributions to our future.
Thanks our 32nd Anniversary Conference Supporters:
American Society for Clinical Hypnosis
Professional Books Bookstore
Taylor & Francis Group
The Psychiatric Institute
Timberlawn Mental Health System
Treatment of Patients with Dissociative Disorders (TOP DD)