This course will enable you to:
- Identify trauma and dissociation in children
- Use tools to determine the level of trauma and dissociation of the child
- Understand the impact of trauma on the developing brain of the child
- Identify the child’s dissociative system in order to make sense of the child’s internal chaos
- Enable the child to establish internal communication with dissociative parts.
- Enable the child to develop an integrated sense of self
- Stabilise children and adolescents with sexualised behaviours, self harm and acting out behaviour
- Use attachment theory to enable the family system to support the child with complex trauma and dissociation.
- Use your existing experience in EMDR, play therapy and creative arts to process complex trauma.
There will be opportunity to discuss individual cases and specific problems that arise when working with these children and adolescents. Required readings will be provided on a CD and are included in the course fee. See our Child and Adolescent Curriculum
objectives for a detailed description.Dr Renée Marks
is currently working as an independent Consultant Therapist in the North of England, doing training, court assessments and therapy with children. She has 26 years of experience working with children as a clinical social worker and therapist. Renée is presently specializing in children with attachment difficulties, complex trauma and dissociation.Intended participants:
Registered, psychologists, psychotherapists, counsellors, therapists, play therapists, and therapeutic social workers who are working with children with complex trauma and dissociation.Dates of training:
06 November 2008, 12 December 2008, 16 January 2009, 4th Date TBD
9:30am – 4:30 pmVenue:
Foxglove Meeting Room, 36A Penistone Rd, Kirkburton,
Huddersfield, HD8 0PQ
To establish yourself in this program please contact Dr. Marks:
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Child and Adolescent Course
Dr Renee P Marks, Consultant Therapist
Office Phone: 07799885100