Board of Directors – Call for Nominations
Nominations Open September 1 – 30, 2021
This time every year the ISSTD seeks out engaged, energetic, and creative members who would like to be nominated for the positions available on the Board of Directors. These positions allow members to move into a leadership role and stamp their own ideas and vision on the ISSTD through direct engagement with other Board members in moving the Society forward in a manner that best represents our members and which is consistent with our mission.
Term of office is one year starting January 1, 2022, followed by a one-year term as President, and then a one-year term as Immediate Past President.
Term of office is three years starting January 1, 2022. The Vice-President may hold two consecutive terms.
Term of office is three years starting January 1, 2022. The Secretary may hold two consecutive terms.
Director Member (multiple openings)
Term of office is three years starting January 1, 2022. Directors may hold two consecutive terms.
- To recommend yourself for nomination to one of the positions, two ISSTD members must write an endorsement of your candidacy. The endorsements should include your current professional activities, CV, current and past ISSTD involvement, and a statement why you have an interest in serving on the Board of Directors.
- To recommend someone else for nomination, you must contact that person to ensure that they will run for office if chosen as a candidate by the Nominating Committee. You must also recruit another ISSTD member who supports the person’s candidacy. Both of you must submit a written endorsement that includes the candidate’s professional activities, CV, ISSTD involvement, and reasons why they would be a productive member of the Board of Directors.
The Nominating Committee will review all candidates recommended for the open positions and will submit those recommendations to the Board of Directors for approval as nominees. The nominees will be asked to complete a Candidate Statement, which will be made available to the membership.
All recommendations for nomination must be completed by Wednesday, September 30, 2021 to be considered for this election.
The ISSTD Nominating Committee is dedicated to providing a fair and impartial slate of nominees to the membership for election. Your nominations will be taken into careful consideration. Selection of the final slate will be determined by the Nominations Committee and the Board of Directors, based on the best fit for the current and long-term needs of ISSTD. If you nominate someone, please ask that person first if they are willing to serve.
Address all additional questions about the nominations process to Mary Pat Hanlin at email@example.com
Requirements for Candidacy
Requirements for Candidacy
ISSTD is seeking individuals who are:
- Current members of ISSTD who have sustained membership for at least the past 3 consecutive years
- Dependable and hard working
- Known for their ethical practice in the field of trauma and dissociation
- Work and play well with others
- Work well as part of a team and are able build a consensus
- Have a history of ISSTD committee membership or participation in other ISSTD activities
- Have an interest in the overall well-being and growth of ISSTD, not just in particular projects
- Are committed to working hard to ensure the future of ISSTD
- Have previous non-profit organization board experience
- Have no conflicts of interest
Commitments for Board Members
- Candidates who are elected must attend the in person Board of Directors meeting that takes place at the annual conference each year of their term. The next in person Board Meeting is scheduled for March 30, 2022 in Seattle, WA.
- Elected candidates must become familiar with current ISSTD issues before attending the Board of Directors meeting at the ISSTD Annual Conference. An orientation conference call will be announced post-election and prior to this first board meeting.
- Elected candidates must have email access in order to stay involved in the online community for the Board of Directors.
For a full list of the roles and responsibilities of Director Members, click here.
for a full list of the roles and responsibilities of Executive Members, click here.
To be completed by the person that is nominated for a Board position.
To be completed by the two individuals nominating a candidate for the Board.
Please note that the candidate form is completed using the Volunteer Match system in ISSTDWorld. You must log in to ISSTDWorld to submit a candidate form.